Sunday, October 31, 2010

Task 3 - Reflection Kozol

Some of the topics that Kozol talks about are how kids are placed in schools according to there districts.  I have mixed feelings about that.  A student should have the right to choose where they want to go.  They should be allowed to try the school they are assigned to and If they dont like it than they can transfer.  Or if  there parents rather send them to a Private school they should be allowed.  Like me, I was allowed to choose where I wanted to be placed.  I choose Private.  Friends are a huge decision on where a child goes.  If they have friends and feel fit it in they will stay.  Your neighbored is usually who you go to school with. Some people rather not go to the school who they are neighbors with.  They want to be raised better. I believe students have the right to choose where they want to be and how much knowledge they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment