Thursday, September 9, 2010

On Becoming a Chicano

I define myself as Russian/Gypsy but also a Citizen of the United States.  I myself have gone threw many struggles But I have also been very blessed.. I have struggled with have rickets, parents divorce and having one re marry, blended family, sister and brother moving out, abuse. and just choosing the right college and friends. I don't think of struggles as obstacles. I think of them as goals not finished.
Some experiences that Mr. Rodriguez and I share are that we both weren't born in the USA. And that I also had to lean English.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aza,

    In your journal entries, I have noticed you mention many, many things. Let's narrow this down. You mention your struggles. While you may not discuss matters pertaining to race, what about adoption? Focus on this. How did you feel when you found out you were adopted? Did you feel like an outsider as Rodriguez does with his community. Now let's look at Rodriguez. How is Rodriguez viewed in his community? What is he labeled as? How does this affect him?

    ReplyDelete