Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Discuss your process as a reader and as a writer

Discuss your process as a reader and as a writer


My process of becoming a reader and a writer has come over far. With growing up malnourished and also being adopted, for my first 3 years I wasn’t taught anything.  After I was adopted my parents first took care of my medical problems.  After that then they started with my education.  Around 4 or 5 are when I had to start learning it all.  It was difficult for me because I was slower.  I never did like reading and writing was also a challenge.  I was put in to a private school because there I could get the help and need I needed.  This is where MIs Blair came into the picture.  She would meet with me once or twice a week and she would teach me the basics and helped me with my reading and writing. She would do different activates with me.  At first I hated it and thought I wasn’t fair because I had to skip some classes.  I had to go to her every year till the end of my jr high year. I was so happy to be done.  I was excited to finally not have to skip class to go to her.  Now looking back I have realized how much she has influenced me.  I took her for granted a lot of the times and I wish I hadn’t.  If it wasn’t for her time and effort I would be struggling even more. I have come along with and I am truly thankful for her.  I am thankful for a lot of my teachers for putting time and effort for helping me get my HS diploma. I still am not a big reader but I love writing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aza,

    Can you go further with this and tell me how she influenced you? What do you think she did for you? Because you hated reading and writing, how did she help you at least tolerate it? You might choose to write about this for Task 4. If so, what essay comes to mind that you could use to apply this experience to?


    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete